9mm BAT rounds

Lavan

I still have a few boxes of the GECO 9mm
Blitz Action Trauma cartridges. Anyone ever really TRY these on anything? They are accurate. They are the solid bronze 84gr bullet with the separating plastic nose cone that pops off and leaves a huge HP cavity that is SUPPOSED to be super duper. They are nice to carry in Beretta and BHP as they weigh nearly nothing and are suppose to have 1500 or so FPS. Anyone ever shoot anything other than paper with 'em?

This is interesting ammo, the hard lacquered Berdan primers can be difficult to cap off. During a recent test I read of only one handgun that managed a full box of 50 with no misfires, namely a 92FS which apparently has a harder pin strike than other makes (greater hammer mass). The ammo also has a short shelf life of just 6 months before water vapour infiltration can become a problem although this is as yet unproven. Navy SEALS apparently like this stuff in their MP5's, it is also strictly LEO only in the US. Personally I wouldn't risk it as your PD round as you have insufficient for a reliability test, as center fire ammo goes I'd have to class it as unreliable with most modern handguns unless 4 misfires out of 50 with a Hi-Power is acceptable to you.

Either shoot it into wet packs for the curiosity value or sell it for big bucks to someone with a 92FS. Just my $0.02.

------------------
Mike H

Lousy stuff for HR unless you wanna put that little plastic cap in a good guys eye. :)

Works pretty good against steel belted radials if you need to flatten a tire. :)

For most defensive purposes though, it isn't any better than any other 88/90 grain JHP at 1400+ fps, and not as good as the better 124-127 +Ps (Gold Dot, Golden Saber, Hydra-Shok, Ranger).

------------------
>>>>---->

Back