9mm barrels still available for Toks?

Andy Griffith

I somehow through a trade came into a Yugo Tokerov.

Are there any 9mm barrels available for one of these things?
I had a buddy years ago with a chicom one with both barrels, and he still likes and shoots it often.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Several years back I got one from Numrich, but they've been out of them for a long time now. Best bet is to get one from gunbroker but they aren't cheap.

I have no idea where you would find a conversion but I'm pretty sure you would be better off, financially and practically, just buying a dedicated 9mm pistol.

Remember you have to change the barrel bushing and the barrel. I don't see them available anywhere. I would imagine when the 7.62x25 dried up, the 9mm barrels went fast.

TK

Remember you have to change the barrel bushing and the barrel.

Not always. Depends on what the barrel was made for. I got a TU-90 9mm barrel and I indeed had to get a different bushing, and the link and pin that came with it wouldn't work either. Had to use the link and pin from my 7.62 barrel. If the 9mm barrel was made for a TT-33 variant, I don't believe you need a different bushing.

Andy, I used the 9mm barrel for a while but I really prefer the original barrel. I got the conversion stuff back when it was available and cheap. Just sits in my safe now. I'll reload 7.62x25 if I ever run out of surplus ammo for my tok, but that will not happen soon.

Back when they were "cheap and available" I got a Navy Arms .38 Super conversion, but I never installed it. It's another thing that is just sitting around.:o

A friend of mine did convert his and it worked quite well; In fact, it also fired 9mm Largo.

If anyone wants it, PM me.

Back