9mm ammo

camy

Inactive
I finally decided on getting a kel tec p11 for my CCW.

Any reccomendations on some self defense ammo? Everyone says to go with HP for expansion. I also noticed people have a concern for over pentration. My thought is that if there are people behind the threat, I most likely shoot. The gun will be in my my car most of the time, so I would like something that could punch through glass, doors ect. In essence over penetration isn't that improtant.

Any thoughts on P+ or +p+ ammo? Would it be safe to use in the kel-tec?

Right now I use hydrashock in my ruger p95...

Thanks
Charles

I stoke my Keltec P11 with HydraShok 124gr standard pressure rounds.

As far as shooting inside the car, I wouldn't recommend it, except as a last resort. You will almost surely be deaf permanently, or at least severely hearing impaired. If you're in your car and a threat materializes, the best advice is to simply drive away. If you practice defensive driving, and always allow yourself at least 10-12 feet in front of your car, you can drive away from a vast majority of threats. Even if you hit a car or two in the process of driving away, the aftermath will be a lot easier to deal with than a shooting incident.

I don't think +P would hurt the Keltec, but I suspect that any +P+ round would be pretty stout from the little gun.

Back