98k 45 dot Ethiopian contract with Waffenamt

Mattj4867

Hello everyone I put an 98k on layaway and was wondering if I’m right with my information. It has the Ethiopian medallion and is marked dot 1945. My gun has all matching serial numbers and is in great condition. I done some more research and found out that these guns were Czech only. As you can see by my pictures, i found a Waffenamt and the number 53. Could this gun have been made during German occupation? I looked things up online and never found a Waffenamt on A dot 45 one. is it common to find them stamped vertical rather than horizontal? My rifle has the winter trigger guard and the oversized front sight. Is $350 a good price.

Here are pics
https://imgur.com/a/sNWxF6L

It is a post war Czech made rifle , using some left over German parts . They are fine rifles , shoot well if in good shape [ as most are ] . Now days I would say that is a fair price .

If it has a Waffenamt stamp, it would have been made during the occupation. The medallion looks like it was inlaid by hand after the fact.

Thanks thats good to know. I’m curious as to why it doesn’t have the swastika and eagle though. Did Germany cut corners on marking their rifles near the end of the war? Unless the factory could have still been under occupation shortly after the war has ended

The factory was captured by the red army in April , so it is doubtful the Germans were still there at the wars end . The rifle is a known postwar made rifle model . These are well known facts .

Back