9422 receiver

Someone just gave me a Winchester 9422 Boy Scout Edition sans receiver. I cannot find any avenue to buy either a Boy Scout or standard receiver to make this a shooter. Any body have any ideas where I could possibly buy a pricey FFL receiver for my pile of gun parts?

I doubt you will find a receiver only. But if all your parts are nice, then look for the cheapest beat up rifle that your parts will fit. It could make a good project.
Out of curiosity, how the heck did the receiver disappear? Strange how things happen....

If it was me, I'd sell those and use the money to buy a rifle you want. You'll likely never see a 9422 action/receiver sold.

Watch auctions and classifieds.
Even the rarest of parts come up every now and then.
But how long are you willing to wait, before something pops up? ... And then gets caught in a bidding war between two idiots, and the winning bid is greater than the average auction price for a well-worn but complete and functional 9422. ...And you have to start all over again.

I'm with Scorch. Auction that lot off as a "parts kit", to someone with aspirations of grandeur (or a 9422 receiver on the shelf). Or go piecemeal and mete them out over a couple years.
Personally, I'd rather dump them all at once. I've done the piecemeal approach with a couple parts guns or 'parts kits' that I sold, and the prolonged hassle wasn't worth the small extra profit. In one case, I never did sell about 80% of what was listed - even though the parts seemed to be in high demand by owners. (The remainder of that one is all in a zip top bag, gathering dust, now...)

Numrich pays pennies on the dollar.
It's only worth it if you're offloading entire collections of garbage, don't really care about the money, and don't want to work out what's there.

Back