92fs or usp 9mm

Status
Not open for further replies.

chink

Ok, I know this is a can of worms type question. but my friend is a lefthanded shooter and wants something that can ve converted to left-handed, the 3 choices are basically, Ruger handgun, Berretta, and HK USP. He wants it in 9mm and doesn't like the ruger. leaves USP 9mm abd the 92FS. He shot the USP 9mm with the 4.5 in barrel and liked it. is gonna shoot the 92FS sometime next week. what would you'll go with? Thanks.

------------------
It ain't mah fault. did I do dat?

I have a USP 9 and have used the 92fs extensively. The beretta fits my hand better, and is totally reliable, but I still love my USP. In my opinion, it's a matter of which one feels the best in your friend's hand.

They are both big guns and if I had to go back I'd probably go with a Glock 19 for CCW purposes. It's small and accurate, if you can handle the odd bore axis.

I imagine he'll go with the USP though, because "In a World of Compromise... Some Don't."

the gun isn't for ccw. He is a resident of Montana that spends 9 months out of the year in CA.
We are college students on a budget, and he thinks he has small hands. we will rent the 92 out sometime this week. He won't make the purchase until like november, cuz he needs to go back to montana to get the gun.

------------------
It ain't mah fault. did I do dat?

HK usp anytime.

More comfortable and reliable. Better ergonomics too.

Disclaimer: these are all my opinions. :)

------------------
Disperse you rebels, disperse and lay down your weapons at once

If he has small hands, he may be better off with neither of the two! Both of these guns have a LARGE grip. IMHO, have him try out some other guns while he's at it.

Oddly enough, I have fairly small hands (They fit a Beretta Cougar (the "compact" one) just fine, but not the Glock full-sizes) and I fit into the USP9 beautifully...

-Jon

I own both a 92 FS and a USP. Go with the USP. CDNN has NIB LEFT handed USP 9s for sale for about $380, which is is practically free. They may not be around in November (I'm not even sure they still have any), so you might want to give them a call soon.

I can't honestly say I've shot a real, honest-to-God Beretta 92f, but I have shot the Taurus clone a couple of times (yeah, I know, it's like trying to get the feel of a Porsche by test-driving a Volkswagen).

I liked the balance and the feel of it, but my heart went for the HK USP when I bought a gun for myself. That is a piece of serious combat hardware. Out of personal bias, I'd say, go for the the USP, but from a practical standpoint, find out which one of the two your friend is able to handle better, and stick with that one.

------------------
Exodus 22:2 -- Biblical precedent for home defense.

I have HK USP compact 9 and I shot Beretta 92 (my instructor has it). We both agreed that HK is more accurate and has lower recoil. Taking in account flexibility of operation system of HK and corrosion resistant finish I would highly recommend HK. Beretta, though, also fine weapon.

Zentao

Beretta 92 all the way. It is the most awesome weapon ever. I have never shot a more accurate, reliable, smooth handgun. I was so excited when I got hired by the PD I work for now, because they issue the Beretta 92. Truth be told, it was one of the main reasons that I picked this particular PD. In fact, I really upset that the chief has decided to switch to the USP .40 next month. It really pisses me off that he would dis' the Beretta. Afterall, the US Army chose it.. so you know it must Rock!

***** EDIT ******

Sorry Guys, I had a little too much to drink... and I hit my head.. and I let 13 yr old cousin have access to my password... yeah, that's the ticket!

;) ;) Was this a serious question? ;) ;)

[This message has been edited by Rob (edited October 04, 1999).]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back