91/30

probably not, about all you can do is coat it in polyurethane and spraypaint it black...
most people that want the lighter weight of plastic also want the lighter weight of a sporter style stock so a full length 2 piece stock is just not in high demand at all. a company would have to build a complete set of molds and production line process just in order to build a single stock so I doubt it'll ever happen unless they can find a way to fake wood grains and offer one to people that don't want to risk dinging up their little slice of history.

wat about the ATI replacement stock??
is there anyway to convince a company to make a replacement stock, to original specifications

The key words in the OP being "to original specifications"
I think what is meant is not a sporter stock, but one that is identical to the original military design.

I'm TOTALLY for any company making an original stock for the Mosin. I love the original feel of the surplus guns. They could even make it for a free floating barrel. So it's an update, but still original. I would buy multiples in seconds if I could. Forget the plastic, IMHO. :D

why tool up to make mosin stocks to "original spec" when AIMsurplus was dumping "original spec" ORIGINALS 50$ for 3 of em? i just dont see anybody making any money off this ordeal

It would be interesting indeed to have molded stocks resembling the original, and possibly offering that in different colors. I just don't see the demand and profit margin for it.

And for the most part I prefer the original wood stock of the Mosin, esp if you get one with a nice finish. My M44 will never be modified and I plan to keep it in its original condition as long as I own it.

Now if you bought a 91/30 in bad shape with a cracked stock, then this would actually make sense.

I just don't see the demand and profit margin for it.

Exactly...

I've had potential customers ask me about making original stocks (wood, natch), and my answer was, why? When you can buy a stack of them from AIM for fifty bucks as mentioned above.

It might be what you want, but I can assure you there's not enough demand to justify the tooling to reproduce the original stock in plastic.

I am curious, though, as to what's driving your desire for this. The original military stocks have lousy ergonomics...and well, pretty much butt ugly.

Why would you want one in plastic? Just askin....:confused:

Back