9 x 25 dillon--know of any actual deer kills?

stagpanther

I've recently converted my glock 20 to 9 x 25 dillon and have found some pretty good loads that shoot well--I'm really liking this round. Everywhere I see it mentioned as a great handgun hunting round--but try as I might--I've never encountered any real hunting stories of anyone taking a deer with it. Anyone know/heard of one?

I've made a "special" 115 gr Tac XP load which preliminary accuracy tests look very good--I'll try to do some velocity/performance tests before the snow flies here. I've found some stories on actual deer kills with 10 mm--but have yet to find one for 9 x 25 dillon.

While its external ballistics somewhat resemble the .30 Carbine, it has a bit more bore diameter, a bit more bullet weight, and a bit better available bullet designs. I am with Art Eatman when he says this doesn't look like a fantastic bone breaker. You could make it a better one, but only by sacrificing tissue disruption.

Overall I think it will work great as long as cross body shots and maybe quartering away (not too steeply) shots are used. Buffalo Bore Heavy .357 Magnum 125gr HP at 1700fps do a lot of damage, so why wouldn't the 9x25 Dillon?

Back