9 round 10mm 1911 Metalform Mags

Any of you Delta shooters have experience with these? I have four and they seem decent enough. They function well enough in my Kimber .40 except for prematurely locking back the slide with one round in the mag.

I have one of the Metalform 10mm mags that works OK. I did have to alter the lips a tad for better feeding. I just use Metalform .45 mags now. They feed without a hitch. I seat my .40 rounds out to 1.200". It does feed the shorter length rounds OK (1.135"), but a 1911 was designed to feed longer lengths. BTW I shortened a 10rd Metalform to match the length of my magwell extension. I now have 10rd mags for my .40 Kimber.
One thing you might want to look at in your Kimber is the ramp. Mine overhung the magwell a bit. Just file it back untill it is flush and reshape it a bit.
Early lock back is usually caused by the bullet nose contacting the slide lock. Check the tab on the slide lock for copper or lead smears. If present shorten.

Metalform?

I thought the most recent batch of Colt mags (8rnders w/ split follower) were of Chip McCormick design?

Back