9+ ball 12 Buckshot loads?

ZVP

How come vrious manufacturers load 9 to 12 ball "00" buckshot in their 12 ga shells?
Are the large loads built on full 2 3/4" casings?

9 pellets is the standard OO buck load
12 pellets is the magnum load

Lots of companies making an 8 pellet reduced recoil load. 8 pellets of OO buck is about 1oz of shot. That load at a slightly reduced velocity feels about like a birdshot load but with the increased penetration of the larger shot (.32cal for OO buck).

For SD use at shotgun distances (<20 yds) its a good choice. Faster follow up shots and less flinching due to recoil make it a nice way to go in the 12ga defense gun

More so, the reduced recoil of the 8 pellet load make practice less painful and therefor more approachable if you're trying to get your spouse/sister/wimpy little brother whomever competent on an HD shotgun.

That being said, I had to buy a five round pack of the 3 1/2" Magnum buckshot (12 .32 cal pellets) load at the hardware store.

Because bigfoot.

I just bought 100 rounds of S&B 12-pellet 00B from a local gun forum member. It's labeled as 2 3/4" but they look more like 3 inchers. Why did I buy it? Maybe I'm a glutton for punishment but the stuff puts a smile on my face - what more reason do I need?

Chief Brody --- You'll find that a magazine-tubed shotgun will hold one less round of S&B buckshot load, due to the extended length of the round.

In an indoor range...the S&B shotgun round really smokes-up the place

32 ball 3 1/2"ers = Scorched Earth policys!
The Military 9 ball Winchester load I use in my 12ga Pump would be idea per this thread!
Thanks guys!!!
My 20ga 2 3/4" #3 Buck loads ought to be soft shooters!
ZVP

Back