9.3x72R Ammo

bigdogsmith

Inactive
I recently came across several boxes of 9.3x72R ammunition. They were made in Western Germany and have an RWS emblem on the box. I believe the ammo is produced by Dynamit Nobel. Several of the boxes are opened, but some are still sealed. They have price tags from Abercrombie and Fitch for $3.50. My grandfather was a big game hunter and when he passed away his guns were given to different members of the family, but no one has a gun that shoots this ammo. I would appreciate any information on the rifle that takes this ammunition and I would like to know anything about this ammo and whether it has any inherent value. Thanks.

Yes, the ammo boxes have value to collectors. You could take a couple of pics and list them in the for sale forum.

Common round for German double barrel rifles and combination guns. That sort of thing is very popular on the forums at nitroexpress.com.

Several Boxes of 9.3x72R: Price for all?

Several Boxes of 9.3x72R: Price for all?

Hi BigDogSmith

In regard to the 9.3x72R I would like to buy them from you. I have an old Bartells & Buttner drilling that takes 9.3x72R.

Please contact me as I am very interested.

Thanks

SemperFi0311

9.3 x 72R was a pre-WWI deer cartridge used typically in combined (shotgun barrel and rifle barrel) guns, mostly drillings. It became obsolete with the introduction of the 9.3 x 74 R, which is still commonly chambered for these guns in Germany today. Aside from the collector value I can't comment on, each round is worth at least $1.50 just in components for the reloader.

Back