8mm info

pinstripe

I just purchased some 8mm ammo at the gunshow today and the headstamp is unfamiliar to me. I will try to get a pic, but maybe this description will suffice.
Brass case, copper fmj, the primer has 3 stake marks, the headmark is 12 at 12 o'clock and 55 at 6 o'clock with a star at 3 and 9 oclock.
Any info would be very much appreciated. The ammo is clean and cheap. The packaging is a 15 round packer which states:
7.9 mm puscani metak
15 kom
sa univerzalnim zrnom
Barut Nc-05
Ser.5435 (Star symbol) 12-1955
where I typed star symbol is actually a star symbol
I imagine that 12- 1955 is manufacture date, but not for sure who made it
Let me know what you find out.
Thanks in advance.
Terry (pinstripe)

It follows the pattern for Czech ammunition, and some of the words also appear to be Czech; "puscany" means that it should be loaded on stripper clips.

Thanks for the reply. I purchased these in a sealed box and they were not on a stripper clip. That's not to say that at one time they weren't, but not when I got them. Thanks again for the reply. Do you know if this is good stuff or not?
Thanks again
Terry (pinstripe)

The Czechs make good ammo, but you have no way of knowing how this stuff has been stored over the years; also, treat it as corrosive, and flush out any gun you fire it in with lots of hot water, then clean, dry, and lightly oil.

Very likely Czech, Polish, or Hungarian.

Most likely factory 12, manufactured in 1955.

Undoubtedly corrosive primed, so you have to clean accordingly.

Back