870Ps?

Model12Win

Anyone have a list of dealers (online) who sell police trade in Remington 870 Police shotguns? I'm in the market for one. Thanks!

M12

Last edited:
I am looking for police trade in guns, I do not want a new one as I hear the quality control is not good and the old ones are far better.

You and I must have similar taste in guns. I responded to your thread about the Mossy 500 ATP.

I purchased a police trade-in, Tallassee, AL Police Dept., Remington 870 Wingmaster a couple of months ago from Gulf State Distributors in Montgomery, AL. According to the serial number, it was manufactured in Sept. 1951. It has an 18 1/2" barrel with standard capacity of 4 + 1.

I did not get a great deal on this one and paid $230.00 for it. The action is so smooth on it. (like warm butter spread over a hot biscuit)

I have a thing for the older style riot and trench guns. When it comes to pump action 12 gauges, I don't "do" the whole tactical song and dance and prefer to keep them as simple as I can.

If you get an older Wingmaster and replace the sear spring and the carrier dog follower dog follower spring, Voila - you have a Police Model equivalent. You can add the FlexTab carrier and slide block and be fully up to date if you like.

Gunbroker and the occasional pawn shop. The true gem is an 870 Wingmaster police trade in. They are few and far between but they are out there.

I am looking for police trade in guns, I do not want a new one as I hear the quality control is not good and the old ones are far better.

There was a local gun store here (who went out of business recently) that had a rack full of trade-in 870Ps for $299 (or $349 with Surefire slides). They all looked rough, but were no doubt functionally all there, and I still regret picking one up.

Back