870 questions

nedfig

this may be for the smithy forum, but i figured i would start here first. here goes.

can the magazine tube be removed from the receiver?

can the shiny bolt on the wingmaster be "blackened"?

if you are the kind of shotgunner that likes slings, do you prefer the magazine cap sling stud or the scattergun tech's bracket mount? will the scattergun tech's bracket mount accept 1.25" slings.

thanks

nedfig, yes, you can remove the mag tube, BUT it is silver soldered in and you will have to replace it the same way!

The breach bolt is chrome plated. I replaced my personal gun years ago with a black version. Don't know if they are still available.

The sling mounted to the barrel is a better idea than the sling on the end cap. The mag tube is rather fragile.

Contact ScattergunTech directly on use of the 1.25" sling.

Regards! DaMan

Regards! DaMan

The swivel on the mag cap is a POS. I've owned two and both popped out at inopportune times. Inopportune is defined as when I didn't want them too. Fortunately, no damage to the gun or bystanders as a result.

[This message has been edited by PJR (edited October 10, 2000).]

When I had two of my 870s converted to the Flextab setup, the black breech blocks came with them.

Never had a problem with a mag tube stud, and while it's not the strongest part of the gun, neither is the bbl. Either works, and I've got two one way and two t'other.

Back