870 Express

redrick

I bought a 870 Express Synthetic today and it looks better than the ones from just a couple years ago . It looks like they are using a better finish on the metal parts . Hopefully they will be more rust resistant . I have it drying with some Eezox on it now . I might be going rabbit hunting with it tomorrow if it's not raining to hard .

I was going to put a sling on it last night , but there is only a hole in the magazine nut . Can you purchase just a stud for it , or do I need to buy a new nut , with the stud already on it . I can't believe $40 dollars for a magazine nut , with a swivel stud .

Last edited:
Hoping that they are still available ???

Can you purchase just a stud for it , or do I need to buy a new nut , with the stud already on it .
Well, it's been a few years but I know that you could buy just the stud and it use to be fairly generic for most shotguns. Still from Uncle Mikes. Then for awhile, you could find them at Wal-Mart. I have also bought the complete cap and at that time, they were selling for $27.00. ...... :rolleyes:

Good Luck and;
Be Safe !!!

Before remmie made their own tactical version I made my own out of ATI components and a rifled slug barrel. The foregrip has rails for a stud as well as the buttstock. The only thing I don't like about the 870 is that it won't take 3.5 shells.

The 870 Super Magnum will shoot 3 1/2" , but I have no desire to shoot them from a pump shotgun . They rattle my teeth shooting 3 1/2" 00 bk. out of my SX3 .

Before remmie made their own tactical version I made my own out of ATI components and a rifled slug barrel. The foregrip has rails for a stud as well as the buttstock. The only thing I don't like about the 870 is that it won't take 3.5 shells.

A LEO will use reduced recoil loads and you want to shoot 3-1/2 inchers! Someone's a TMJ surgeons dream.

Quote:
A LEO will use reduced recoil loads and you want to shoot 3-1/2 inchers! Someone's a TMJ surgeons dream.
Or maybe someone--and I won't say who;)--was dumb enough to try chambering one once and had a heck of a time getting it out.

Nice looking gun Stag! I have an 887 that will chamber 3.5 shells but never thought of turning it tactical. Bought it for my son to shoot clay saw with.

Thanks--it only takes a minute or two to swap barrels and the gun reverts back to being a Tom hunter from a deer slugger. Bit on the heavy side though and yes the faster slugs and shot do pound the shoulder pretty hard--the ATI Scorpion gear is supposedly a special recoil-reduction by 40 percent or so but I haven't noticed that much--maybe I'm just getting more frail in my old age.

Back