870 20 ga mag tube....

fubsy

George, I read on another post that you are now makeing these......do they require any fitting? I would like to purchase one and hold on to it for a while and need to know if I can assemble it myself.....Im not to dangerous with handtools....its the dremel, its evil.....also have you or have you considered making the same for a rem 1100 in 20 ga.........Id like both...fubsy.

Could you help unconfuse me please? Is this an extended mag tube you are talking about? I thought that over 5 round mags were prohibited by the '94 (?) ban?

I equipped, ( and photo'd and notarized ) all my 12's that way before the ban went into effect, but have a 20 ga. A5 with 19" bbl. and 4 round mag that's kind of the M1 carbine of riot guns. Cutest lil' thang and quicker'n a mongoose. Choate had stopped making extensions for 20's when I called. Probably because they were going hell for leather making more 12 ga. extensions.

Was I wrong and is it still legal to put an extended mag on a semi-auto if certain criteria apply? If so, would be quite interested in details.

Rusty, it is legal. That's why Choate, Tac-Star etc are still making as many as they can but only for 12ga. The only reason they stopped making them for 20s is the same reason that production on any product is stopped: profit. They just weren't selling enough of them. I'm not into mass production so that doesn't bother me. Although if the present trend on this continues I may soon be. I've received over 70 queries about these since I posted it. George

I'm a little short on discretionary funds at this particular moment, but an extension to increase my A5's mag capacity to 6, maybe 7?

Take care of yourself George. Are you eating right? Excercising? Have you had a physical recently? What's your cholesterol? I think I may have work coming in for you on a regular basis, so don't let anything happen to you.

Back