8 shot .357 Redhawk

turkeestalker

I had said in another thread earlier this year that I had ordered one of the .44 Special GP 100s, I got that one in my hands a while back and couldn't be happier but for the FO front sight.
I had also said that I had my guy order one of the 8 shot .357 Redhawks for me and I just got my hands on that one today.

Lets face it, there really isn't any good purpose that the gun could serve that I don't already own something that would suit said purpose.
Right after I gave him money on it I was kind of asking myself why.

Honestly, after picking it up today and fondling it a bit I have no remorse or regrets whether I have a need for it or not.
This is a beautiful revolver and I am anxious to push some lead through it.

The fit of the wood grips to the frame is indicative of the rush to get them out that Ruger seems to have suffered from lately. Not horrible, but could've been better, the same as all of the other manufacturers.
But beyond that she is gorgeous to my eyes, and I really like the look and feel of the rounded butt.

They left the warning billboard off of the side of the barrel thankfully, off of the entire revolver actually.
They also tucked the serial number down on the bottom of the grip frame where it should be.
Those two touches alone add to the revolver's appeal immeasurably.
They've also used the traditional plunger style red insert front sight, and not changed to the dovetail FO sight like on a few other models.

Just clean looking, and for some reason this one just dug in under my skin right away and I wanted to share.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20170720_160903417.jpg
    IMG_20170720_160903417.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 1,928
  • IMG_20170720_160838176.jpg
    IMG_20170720_160838176.jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 1,853
Maybe I am late to the Ruger party but I have seen this thing on the market for months and while I can see why some like the idea of that stubby little barrel (seems great for woods defense) can anyone please tell me WHY we haven't seen any with a proper 6-7.5 or even 9.5 barrel like on the .44 Redhawks?

Honestly, I just wanna see Ruger flood the market with them so I can finally snag an old '85 Redhawk .357 with plenty (six) shot chamber for less than "collectible" money.

Just can't understand why they make this ONLY as a snub.

Very nice! Tempting but I have enough 357s.

Another beauty is that it doesn't have a lock.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Maybe I am late to the Ruger party but I have seen this thing on the market for months and while I can see why some like the idea of that stubby little barrel (seems great for woods defense) can anyone please tell me WHY we haven't seen any with a proper 6-7.5 or even 9.5 barrel like on the .44 Redhawks?
Yup. When this gun becomes available with a barrel in the 4-6" range and full-sized grips it's going to cost me some money.

When this gun becomes available with a barrel in the 4-6" range and full-sized grips it's going to cost me some money.

Same here-and I'd love to see the "just right" Goldilocks' length: five inches!

Back