8 Round Mags for Ruger P90

Drakejake

I apologize for going over old ground, but I am unclear on this subject. What is the best source for 8 round mags for the Ruger P90? Can you get P97 mags from Ruger ( I didn't see any on their website)? Can you get mags from Mec-Gar for the P90? Which model number? I understand that 1911 mags will work on the P90? Is this true?

Please advise me on the best way to get good 8 round mags for the P90.

Thanks,

Drakejake

Buy the 8rd factory mags for the P97. They have a split-metal stainless follower instead of the black plastic one of the P90 mags. They really shouldn't be any more than $25ea.. AFAIK, 1911 mags will not work in a Ruger.

8 round ruger mags.

According the the P97 owners manual, the P16 [Ruger p90] magazine and the p16/8 [Ruger P97] magazines are interchangeable. THe P16/8 is the 8 round with the steel follower. You can get them for about $22 from cdnninvestments.com [plus some shipping, check shipping before finalizing order]. You can also find other manufacturer's versions in 8 round for around $17. I ordered 2 Ruger 8 rounders from CDNN and one [promag?] 10 rounder, for range use only. The 10 round mag was only about $13, but I would rather trust a Ruger 8 round mag if my life depended on it. Good luck!

Ordered P97 Mags for KP-90

I have ordered three P-16/8 mags at $20.41 each plus $8 freight from Ultimate Outdoors (ultout@ultout.com). I expect to pick up the KP-90 tomorrow. Thanks to all for the information.

Drakejake

Back