7mm wsm

ECM4

I haven’t reloaded for this caliber before. I had it for years and only have shot factory rounds. Don’t shoot it much just a little to get ready for deer season each year. I want to start reloading for it. Factory rounds shoot great in my Winchester model 70. I want to get the same performance. Stock pile of factory is running low and cant even find what I always shot and they are pricey rounds. Anyone have a good powder choices? Only powder I currently have that I think would work is Superperformance. I can’t find load data for it but there is data for it in the 300 WSM. Anyone ever use that superperformance for 7mm wsm? If not what have you seen work the best.

Reloder 19, 22, 26. Would all be good choices. Hodgdon H-1000 was far and away the best powder in my 270 wsm. The 7mm bullet diameter is pretty close to the 270 so I would bet that H-1000 would be excellent for the 7mm wsm.

I had excellent results with H-4350 in my 300 wsm. For my 270 wsm, H-4350 showed good accuracy, but velocity was lacking before seeing pressure signs.

Although not required, I found best results in all of my wsm rifles using CCI Magnum primers. Especially so with the slower powders like Reloder 26 and H-1000

Sierra lists IMR 4451 as their most accurate powder with the 150 grain Spitzer Boat Tail

IMR 4831 with 140 grain bullets

And N560 with their 165 grain Tipped Game King

Back