770 .243 remington

hello all i have a .243 remington an I love it soo far! havent deer hunted yet with it but I was just wondering what is the best grain I can use for deer. also I am thinking of turkey hunting with it an was wondering what kind of grain also can drop em no prob. I am waiting til the 6th to take my saftey class then I'm hitting the woods.. Stinks im kinda late over here in va but I love the sport!! all help will be great thanks everyone
John G.

For deer most of the guys I know that hunt with a .243 use 100 grain bullets. A buddy just killed a deer a week or so ago with his .243 with 100 grain Winchester Power Point. Or is it soft point? Not sure. Another friend uses Hornady ballistic tips in his.

100gr Hornaday BTSP..boat tail spire point...Interlock version. Makes Bambi really sick..also shoots dime size groups at 100yds w/ my Ithaca .243.
elkman06

My wife hunts with a 243, I use a 257 Rbts, pretty much the same thing. We use 90-100 grns for deer and antilope. Deer arnt really that tuff. We have a lot of coyotes around here and keep guns loaded to keep them and other critters away from our chickens.

The 243 is an excellent coyote gun but if you want to keep the hide, you need to rethink the 243.

Same with the 257 Rbts, I made the mistake of grabbing some 120 grn bullets I had loaded up for my grandaughters elk hunting. I have a deer hanging I shot in the neck. Dern near cut its head off. I'd have wasted a lot of mean if I'd shot it in the shoulders.

the 243 is an excellent deer round, about the best in my opinion, 90-100 grin bullets will fit the bill perfectly.

In the 243 would hunt with 100 grain bullets for deer as they work great for them. I agree in my state you can't hunt Turkey with a centerfire rifle.

Back