$700 for a new Sig p225

cobraman

One of the local shops is sellig a 225 for 700 bones!
Their kidding right? For some reason Sigs seem to expensive in Florida but $700! Isnt that over MSRP?

IMO, that's about $100 on the high side.

Are they offering any "extras" (holster, magazines, etc.), or is that for the pistol and two factory mags?

All you guys are high!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just bought a NIB P225 from Mike @ Presision Armory in Texas. I paid just over $450.00!!!

My advice is to give Mike a call and see what he has available...and tell your "retailer" to go blow. He's willing to sell a gun at nearly $300.00 over market!!! What a pig!!!

You should pay no higher than $500.00 TOTAL. but do it quickly P225s are going fast and they are no longer in production!!!

Here in California the P225 is Law Enforcement only since Sig hasn't submitted it for testing.

Even at that price I would get it if I could legally buy it. Its' Sig's most underrated pistol. Besides most P series Sigs are around $700 where I live. Gun dealers feel you should pay a premium for a quality pistol here in LA. We get screwed by our local Gov't and our dealers. What a bunch of rot.

Just because the P225 (and even the P228) is not imported anymore doesn't mean they're history. SIG-Sauer may be trying to fill a large government contract and TEMPORARILY discontinued production for commercial sales.

Couple years ago, there was news that the P226 9mm would no longer be imported for U.S. sales due to the '94 full capacity magazine ban. SIG-philes know how that turned out.

Be patient.

I just saw one in a gunshop today for $628 and was heavily considering it but not sure if I want to pay that much.
But I'm still really thinking about it cause that's about $150 cheaper than the P226's in my area.
I must admit that is a sweet feeling gun to have in your hands, fits my paws perfectly:)
I'm sure if I shopped around on the net I could get it cheaper but I don't like buying without first inspecting it and handling it. So the best advice is if it's worth it to you then get it for $700, if not do some more looking around.
Good luck:)

Actually

Unlike the P228 the P225 is going out of production this year. SIG Arms didn't stop importing the P228, it decided to limit the number available to US consumers to meet police and military demand. Wait a couple of years and you'll be lucky to find a NIB P225, K-Kote and SIG Lites for $700. Right now it's on the high side, but if you want it, get it.

Cobraman
Come on over to SigForum. Look in the classifieds for a posting by Sandy. Has 25 225s for sale. One fantastic pistol.

Back