7.62x54r Bolt actions?

Seems like the only bolt action I can find is a Mister bubba or a dragunav(extremely over priced) Already searched the boards and could only find mosin nagants that are in 7.62x54r rounds as a bolt action.

Edit : Maybe even a bolt action slug rifle Hopefully under the 200's area.

Last edited:
Just for shooting, not going to be used for long range only 100 yards. 3 of my friends got nagants and were all just going to pitch in 70 dollars for 1760 rounds <-- cant beat that!

A large pile of cash might get you one of the rare Win Model 1895's. I'm not sure, but I think there might even have been a few Win Model 70s in that obsolete, crude, and ugly cartridge. Mosins are about the only game in town.

Dang was thinking that at least 1 more rifle would be in the mosin area. But, I guess ill look for a finnish mosin this saturday. Buffalo jerky here I come.

If you're looking for an unusual mosin there are some resellers that have the Finn m28/76 for $650 right now. However, if you have your heart set on cheap ammo double check that it will chamber surplus ammo, as about 30% of 28/76s won't.

Well a cheap mosin it is than :P I can't aim worth crap with rifles x_x. Just grabbing something cheap everyone that joins me n friends on gun days we all can have fun with.

And even cheap mosins are Reasonablly accurate. Add in lots of cheap ammo for practice and it's a great way to get better with a long gun. Just remember that surplus ammo is corrosive.

Just remember that surplus ammo is corrosive.

Just clean the rifle adequately. Which you should be doing anyway.
Oxygen in the air we breathe is corrosive, just not quite as fast.

In my mind decent quality cheap ammo is a "good thing" like pooh bear thinks.

Not saying its a bad thing at all, just that cleaning requires an extra step, and should include stripping the bolt down every time. If you're willing to make that commitment then corrosive primed ammo is no concern at all.

Cleaning is easy. Ill just buy a 1945 (hopefully) for cheap next month. Since one of my co-workers decided she needed a day off randomly. Pinning me into a corner and making me work .....

Not saying its a bad thing at all, just that cleaning requires an extra step, and should include stripping the bolt down every time. If you're willing to make that commitment then corrosive primed ammo is no concern at all.

Speaking of which, someone here mentioned removing the extractor from the bolt head to get under it. Which I haven't done BTW.

But it clearly presses out somehow I don't understand. How does it come off the bolt head?

Speaking of which, someone here mentioned removing the extractor from the bolt head to get under it. Which I haven't done BTW.

But it clearly presses out somehow I don't understand. How does it come off the bolt head?

It simply slides out to the rear. It's a tight fit. So, you may need a vice and a brass drift, to get it out.

This video demonstrates the method: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQEGxpuyPyo
(Though, I wouldn't recommend clamping your bolt head in a vice without brass or leather-padded jaws. :rolleyes:)

Back