7.62x39 AR pistol

Hdonly

Finally got around to shooting my AR-15 pistol yesterday. My gosh what a hand cannon! I did manage one dead on bullseye shot. That one was from a rest at about 35 yards. The rest of the rounds made about a 3" group. Not bad for firing small artillery that close to you face. Dang this thing is loud!
attachment.php

We have the AK Nationals at the Club. Someone will have an AK Pistol now and again to play with. They give new meaning to loud.
I have a Ruger American Ranch (16.25") w/AR10 Flash Suppressor, as well as a Howa 1500 Mini Action (22''). Huge difference in noise to the shooter between them. My rifles are not even in the same category of LOUD as your handgun.
I saw an AR Lower on a build a while back MADE to use AK47 Magazines. My understanding was that feed & function was improved a lot with that lower instead of the standard AR15 Lower..

Bob R

When you are lighting off 25-30gr of powder from an 8"?? barrel and pushing down a small (.30) tube, at around 50Kpsi at arm's length, its LOUD.
(assuming you're not bracing the thing on your shoulder, which puts the muzzle even closer to your face, and that makes it even LOUDER!)

Whenever I’m stuck next to someone shooting one of these, or someone with a particularly obnoxious muzzle brake, I just step out of the booth and move away until they have emptied their mag. Even with both foam ear plugs plus a high quality set of ear muffs sometimes it’s just intolerable.

This is a BCA upper and an 80% lower with a C Products Defense magazine. It fed and fired everything I stuck in it. Different lots of Tula, Wolf, Brown Bear and PPU. Even cycled these PPU round nose round without a failure. I'm happy with it.
attachment.php

and an 80% lower

This confuses me...admittedly, I'm not into building AKs or ARs (anymore) but I constantly hear how an 80% receiver is NOT a firearm, because it is not finished enough to function.

Yours obviously works, so which is it, do you have an 80% finished receiver that actually functions as a firearm? Or is it one that started out as an 80% and has since been finished to function?

Back