7.62X25 ammo variations

CjAl

SOG has this ammo in polish surplus for 8.5 cents per round or in romainian surplus for 10 cents per.

what is the difference in the two and is it worth the price difference? doesn't seem like much but i'm looking at a round 2500 rounds so it adds up

Last edited:
The Romanian ammo is newer. Also, the Polish stab crimping seems to cause more case mouth splits than the Romanian, although it doesn't really matter unless you're into the semi-tortuous task of reloading Berdan-primed shells.

I've got tons of the Polish ammo and it shoots just fine.

ya I'm not planning to reload this as of now. I will of course store the brass in case one day it gets impossible to find then it may be worth reloading but at $219 for 2500 rounds what's the point

For a penny and a half per round go with the Romi. The Polish has a reputation for split case necks, and bullets being pushed back into the case.

I split the difference, bought a case of each!! lol

I'm going to have some sore fingers with only one stupid magazine ad all that ammo :D

With the Romanian in my CZ52, I always get some light strikes, but they always fire after I recock and try again.

I got some Polish surplus, they do crack at the neck but not all of them.

Upon inspecting these some already had hairline fractures in the neck before the round is even fired. Some don't at all but still crack after firing them.

Since I can't hit the side of a barn with my Tok it doesn't really matter but they seem to drop way more than I would expect such a hot little round to. Anyone else had that? Some go off to the left also. I don't know what that's about. I got a perfect bore and crown on my Yugo Tok, has to be the damn ammo. I can shoot a .45 straight but this stuff goes wherever it wants to it seems.

Hey, anyone used the Wolf 7.62x25? I was thinking of trying new stuff for comparison.

Since I can't hit the side of a barn with my Tok it doesn't really matter but they seem to drop way more than I would expect such a hot little round to. Anyone else had that? Some go off to the left also.

Mine drives tacks. Don't know about yours. You adverse to the noise or flash?

mine shoots real nice. Better then the 9mm ruger I usually carry.

I'v not yet had any light strikes. it seems to be shooting what I put in it but i've only had time to put mabey 200 through it

Hey, anyone used the Wolf 7.62x25? I was thinking of trying new stuff for comparison.

I like it. It's good stuff. Made by Prvi Partisan in Serbia. Their JHP also does relatively well in ballistic gel.

I have what appears to be surplus, with the headstamp markings of '1 53 bxn'. It is green laquered steel case, bought at a gunshow. My CZ-52 will fire it, but cases stick a lot in the chamber. I don't fire it anymore, I've been told it was for machine guns and was loaded hotter. Anybody know for sure?
I only fire S&B new ammo in it now, and essohb, all my ammo drops erradically. Even the new S&B. Trying to take potshots over 20 yards it is unreal how much variation is in this ammo.

Back