7.62 Question..

Outlaw1

I have several hundred rounds of some Portugese 7.62x51 which is actually some pretty good stuff for just plinking and blasting away at cans at about 100 to 120 yds. My 100 yd groups with this ammo ain't too awful bad with a 7/8" to 1 1/4" average.
I liked it enough to pick up a few hundred more rounds today. BUT, it's stamped different. What I've been shooting's got FNM 76-33 stamped on it, and what I picked up today's got FNM 76-35 stamped on it.
Is this just a lot number or is there a big difference between 'em?

------------------
Happiness is a tight group!

Outlaw1-That sounds like just a lot number designation. There could a difference if you were looking for sub-moa, but you probably won't notice much of a difference in accuracy. I've shot the Portugese, Argentine, Belgian, Canadian, Russian, and US ammo in this caliber. All were brass-cased, non-corrosive, and had bullet weights ranging from 125-165 gr. For the money, I really liked the US and the Argentine ammo. It's cheap enough to find out what your rifle likes. Try several brands and go do some shooting.

Steve

Thanks aztec, I recieved a couple of e-mails on this subject, and I found some info about the stampings after I posted this. It IS lot numbers and date codes. After shooting a few rounds I could tell no difference in 'em.
I just like to be sure of what I'm feeding my rifles. ;)

------------------
Happiness is a tight group!

Back