6br vs 6 dasher

Snipe

I'm building a new 1000 yard bench rifle. I'm currently running a 6.5 creedmoor and I'm up in the air over 6br or 6 dasher. Does anyone have any thoughts which one I should go with. Thanks in advance.

Snipe

I shoot the 6mm BR Norma casually so I can't advise substantively--the only thing I can say is exercise caution with the nomenclature of 6mmBR--it actually encompasses lots of different incarnations and renaming of the original cartridge so you need to be sure your components and gages are all on the same page.

Check out the 6mm cartridges used in the NBRSA and IBS website's 1000 yard results section to see what frequently wins and sets records.

I shot 6BR IBS year ago. With all good brass for Dasher, no reason not to do one. It's at gunsmith but doing 22 Dasher varmint rifle.

Go over to the 6mmBR.com website and you'll get some detailed info that should help you make your decision. I think somewhere there is a mention of recent long range win or record by a dasher that included competition from the other 6mm hot shots.

6MM Dasher

I've shot the 6MM Dasher now going on four years here at my home range and IMO it's the most accurate cartridge I have ever fired over a period of 70 years. I shot my last registered match back in '94 in Texas when I won the Texas State High Power Long Range Championship but I still shoot here at home. Using 32.4 grains Varget and Berger 130 grain Hybrid bullets I have shot ten round groups from 1000 yards that I could cover with a silver dollar. This has been on days that were absolutely no wind visible or felt; mostly early AM in the summer or late evening firing off my bench. It is absolutely a fantastic cartridge.:eek:

I received notice that I made this post earlier. I don't think so!:confused:

Back