686 purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.

eagleye

Interested in buying a S&W 686. Need pros and cons on this and a reasonable price.Would appreciate any input.

eagleye,

First of all, welcome to The Firing Line. Questions like yours are always welcome as many of us learn from the answers as well.

I was considering a 686 or a GP100 for a time and decided on the Ruger, but it was a tough choice. Both are quality guns for a reasonable price. I would like to hear other people's opinions on this subject as well.

One other thing eagleye, this should have been posted to the Handguns Forum, not General. Some eagle-eyed moderator will probably move it over there for you.

------------------
RKBA!

"A right is not what someone gives you; it's what no one can take from you." - Ramsey Clark

"Rights are liable to be perverted to wrongs when we are incapable of rightly exercising them." - Sarah Josepha Hale

Thanks for the input Bluesman. I'll do better next time . this is new to me you will have to give me some time to learn.

------------------
You can't take it with you.

Eagleye,

I purchased a .357 recently and also looked at both choices. It came down to what was I going to do with the thing?

If you want something built so a tank could run over it and still work, get the Ruger. If you want something that functions with more "style" and smoother action, get the S&W.

For myself, I wanted it to learn how to shoot double action so I elected to get the 686+. The trigger was definitely better in the 686. I have not regretted this decision but I doubt you can go wrong. Both are reliable well built revolvers.

James

Eagleye,
(Cool name!) WELCOME!

I don't know if I'm so "eagle-eyed" :D but I do think you might get a better response over on the "Handguns & Pistolcraft" Forum.

So, I'll move y'all over there! Hang on now! (This won't hurt a bit...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back