686 plus problems

Jwilson904

Just picked up a new 686 plus today. Took it out back and the cylinder sometimes binds while shooting.

Seems what is happening is the empty rounds are sometimes backing out of the cylinder and catching on the frame keeping the cylinder from turning. Should i send to S&W or just polish it a little?
686 plus problem-img_1144.jpg

I can't even imagine what you're describing. I have three of these guns and there's no way an empty can "back out of the cylinder" and cause the gun to bind up. You've got something inside the gun binding up. If it's new send it back to S&W. They'll even pay the return postage. You start messing with it and you can kiss the warranty goodbye.

They are reloads but i beleive my primers are good. I think i need remove a slight edge on the frame. Sorry but I can't figure out how to post a picture on this sight.

I would try some factory loads first and if it still acts up, send it back to S&W. New gun with factory warranty, why mess with it?

I am pretty confident I got her fixed up. I just polished the area behind the recoil sheild and can't make it hang.

When it would hang I could just push the shell that was binding in with my finger and the cylinder would rotate.

I did pucker up a little before I got after it with the file.

Back