686 plus deluxe questions.

Justin62882

Inactive
Hey, I ordered a 686 plus deluxe with a 6 inch barrel. I'll have it early next week. They had to order it. I plan on hunting with it. Is the sights that come with the revolver good enough for right at daylight and dark hunting? I'm trying to figure out if I need to find some fiber optic sights. I'm looking online but having a hard time finding rear fiber optic sights for this. I found one set that was 150 dollars. Was hoping to maybe keep it around 75. If I can't then I'll have to pay up. Any help. I'm not really wanting a scope as I'll only be shooting 25 yards and if perfect 30 yards tops. Thanks

If there is no need to change them I wont I just didn't know if anyone has experience with them hunting with open sights.the shooting time here in Illinois is 30 minutes before daylight and 30 minutes after sunset. Just wondering if these sights are seeable right at the beginning or end of shooting hours. If I need to change them I will..im having a hard time finding rear sights though I also have been seeing paint for gun sights. Anyone try that?

I understand that. But if you can't see the sights at daylight it doesn't matter how your aiming..im not asking how to shoot with the sights. I'm wanting to know how easy they are to see in the woods during low light conditions at 6:20 in the morning in november

I have the 686 + 3" 357 in magnum and they are not visable in low or no light.
This is straight from S&W as is. I hope this helps., If you need sights for low light, you'll need to buy different sights.

Back