686 5 inch hi viz

tog

are the hi viz=night sights?
seen a good deal for one of these in the houston area,,, see that it is a dealer special on the & website, has the DEAL been fixed yet, or should i just go with the kgp141?

They are not night sights. They sight a little different from most other handguns sights (bead and v-notch) so they will take a little adjustment in terms of sight picture, and they are potentially fragile--the fibre optic front sight is subject to being broke.

I have in no way found that the Hi-Viz sights are all that fragile. I wouldnt want to use one to hammer a nail, but mine has stood up to the same abuse any of my other guns do with no problem at all. They are a bit larger than standard sight systems and i guess some holsters may present a problem, but I have found no reason to treat them any differently than my other guns.

Hi-Viz sights do an amazing job of gathering ambient light, however. There have been times when I could barely see my shoes, but there was enough light, either from residual glow in the sky after sunset or streetlights or a light in the next room, to light the Hi-Viz up nicely.

IPSC TRICK

Melt the optic-fiber rod in the center of the trough, and then you have TWO beads to gather light (critical if one bead gets dislodged).

Works good on my 1911.

Back