686-3 need help finding rings

Deerslayer69

Inactive
34opvd4.jpg
hope i did that right this should be a pic of a 686-3 with a scope on it the ringes are difrent than anything i can find are the custom or is there manufacture # or product # so i can find replacements

In hope of maybe helping someone else out in the future, I am going to post the response I sent to your PM:

The rings that came with the guns originally were a special order from Millet...S&W was the only one that distributed them...

None of Millet's current rings fit perfectly right out of the box...

The thread I am linking to explains the differences, and the solution for use with the Smith & Wesson factory broached guns from the late 80's...

Post #33 in this thread has the info you need to get the new style rings and make them work for your gun:

http://smith-wessonforum.com/s-w-revolvers-1980-present/439777-help-integral-scope-mount-rings.html

The gun(s) in question were made in the late 80's by Smith & Wesson...They were factory broached for very specific rings that were manufactured for S&W by Millet...The rings are no longer made in an out-of-box fit configuration...The models requiring these rings were 686, 586, 29, and 629...Somewhere around 4,500 total guns in the four models, all with 8-3/8" barrels...

Back