65gr vs 75gr vmax (243)

XBOLT243__

Inactive
Hi guys , I have been controlling foxes for some time now .

I have recently got my self a reloading kit , but I am stuck at the moment which I cannot decide at all which of the above to go for .

I have many people saying both is good.
I have been using factory 75 gr hornady pushing out 3,580 .

Obviously the 65 would be a faster bullet over the 75 . The 75 reloading data pushes out a max 3400 and lowest at 3100 , it's don't mean I could stick with 3400 as I'd have to work from min to max to see what my rifle likes .

It would be a big help to know your experiance with the above on what would be the better bullet out of the two .

Cheers

If the 75 has been accurate out of your rifle why not stick with it? I'd eventually try both, but I'd start with one bullet first and try and develop an accurate load for your rifle first. Sounds like you need to by Superformance powder to try and match the factory speed of your current ammunition.

Hey welcome to the forum xbolt.
Sorry to be that guy to complicate decisions but have you looked at hornady 58 vmax or 87 vmax? If speed is what makes you happy the 58 vmax or any of noslers 55 grain bullets can be made to hit 4000 fps. It's fun. On pumpkins there is typically a 6-8 inch diameter entry wound and no exit. The 87 grain hAs a pretty good bc of .4 if you like reaching out beyond 400 yards.

Hey welcome to the forum xbolt.
Sorry to be that guy to complicate decisions but have you looked at hornady 58 vmax or 87 vmax? If speed is what makes you happy the 58 vmax or any of noslers 55 grain bullets can be made to hit 4000 fps. It's fun. On pumpkins there is typically a 6-8 inch diameter entry wound and no exit. The 87 grain hAs a pretty good bc of .4 if you like reaching out beyond 400 yards.
Hi mate , I have tried 58 gr vmax in the past and to be fair it's a good flat super fast round but bye bye barrel if I kept using them .

Thank you

If the 75 has been accurate out of your rifle why not stick with it? I'd eventually try both, but I'd start with one bullet first and try and develop an accurate load for your rifle first. Sounds like you need to by Superformance powder to try and match the factory speed of your current ammunition.
Yea I'd like to stick with the 75 if only I knew my rifle would like the 3400 fps . I think I'm paranoid on seeing a difference as the factory is pushing out 3580 . Many people say that the 75 is the favourate with better accuracy .

75 factory has been the best accuracy for me . I have used 58 70 80 a 90 factory .

Once I've decided what to go for I can get cracking with loading then [emoji16]

Whichever you use will give Mr. Fox a severe case of the ouchies. It doesn't matter at all.

Me, I'd go with whatever is most consistently smaller for group size.

I wouldn't worry about barrel life; there aren't that many foxes. :)

Either one will blow a fox in half, you're not going to see a difference on a 15 pound animal. Use the one that shoots the best.

Back