637 cylinder wiggle

WoolSocks

I have recently acquired a model 637 .38 special. It is new and I have only shot 150 rounds through it. I have noticed that the cylinder has a slight movement to it. No, not the round and round movement it is suppose to have. I have noticed that it has a slight movement sideways (perpendicular to the frame). It is sort of a wiggle, like that of a loose tooth. It is more noticed by feel than by sight, but you can see the movement. Is this movement normal? Has anyone else had any similar occurances? It shots fine... no spitting that I know of.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

My 637 has the same wiggle...shoots fine, though. It hasn't gotten any worse from what I can tell, as I noticed it the first day on the range, brand new. Same wiggle after 300+ rounds through it.

An unrelated hint...

when you have a S&W revo, make sure the ejector rod is screwed down tight onto the extractor star, perhaps even using a pair of pliers with padded jaws. Otherwise, it can work loose and unscrew to the point that it jams the gun. The only flaw I know of in an almost foolproof design.

Back