629 & moon clips

44snubby

Inactive
I am thinking about sending my 629 to Clark Custom Guns to have it converted to accept full Moon Clips. Has anyone had any experience with Clark Custom Guns and any Pros or Cons for the conversion?

Hi 44 Snubby
I have a Clark GameMaster ie S&W 29 with an 8 inch Douglas Barrel. Clark still offers this gun. Man does it shoot. I also have 2 other custom guns one by Bill Davis (S&W 27) and S&W 29 with a chopped 2 1/2 inch done By Magnaport. The Clark has a better trigger than the two other guns 5lb double and 1 1/2 single action. I would have to agree that Clark was the master.
I also have one of the 1st S&W 6 1/2 inch 10 mm that uses moon clips I think the moon clips help make the one of my better shooters.

David J.

What kind of moon clips work with rimmed cartridges? Or are you using something like the 44 automag cartridge in the 629?

Get it done locally

Hey SNUB-
If you order some clips from TK they will send you the instructions for milling your cylinder. This way you can have it done and won't be w/out your .44 for weeks.(Clark has an arrangment with TK moon to do the work so it would be done right)
++++LET ME KNOW as I have a 629 V-Comp that I'll
get done with my SANTA monry. ++++..txs...dewey:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Back