629-5 vs. 629-6...???

JNewell

John Taffin's site has a good explanation of the changes in the 29/629, but doesn't discuss the changes from the 629-5 to 629-6...does anyone here know what changes were made?

Well, rats!

I read this one and whupped out my trusty Standard Catalog of Smith & Wesson Second Edition. Uh-oh. Nothing there on the dash six. Book published in 2001. Sorry 'bout that.
:confused:
Johnny

Here's what prompted this bit of thread-reanimation on my part.

I was recently offered a decent deal on a 629-6 by a coworker and couldn't resist.

I now own a 5"bbl 629-6 marked "629 Classic" on the left side of the barrel with S&W marked Hogue rubber grips. I was going to take the cylinder/crane off to clean the revolver and found to my surprise that the screw that used to perform that function doesn't exist anymore! :eek:

I don't know for sure that this happened between the -5 and the -6, I'm not a 629 expert, I've only owned a couple and the most recent model (before this one) was a -2.

The manual conveniently doesn't even have an exploded diagram or a parts list and has absolutely no information on disassembly. :(

Back