6 shot or 7 shot?

For general revolver competitons is it better to have 7 than a 6 round gun or is every competition based off 6 rounds? I think ICORE is based on 6 rounds.

I have a 686 6 round and going to have some work done on it. But wondering if I should get a 7 round instead for competition.:confused: I can get a 7 round cylinder. Just wondering if I really need to.

IDPA, USPSA/IPSC, and PPC revolver Divisions are all built around the sixshooter. You would be at an active disadvantage with a seven. I don't know about ICORE, I did not seen anything about capacity in a quick look at their www site.

Thanks Jim, I contacted USPPA , You have to do a manditory reload after 6 shots. So I am good to go. ICORE's stages are also designed around 6 shots.

While it's true that ICORE designs their stages around a 6 shot array, 8 shooters generally dominate the top 50 shooters. In my case, I actually did worse this year than last shooting an 8 shot 5" 627 over my heavier, longer barreled 610. I think with the 610 I was more deliberate and probably saved time by not taking extra shots. Next year I go back to my 610.

Back