6 against you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Green Lantern

Not sure if this is in the right place.

You have 6 coming at you that you can see at 100 yards.

What's your 3 best weapons of choice that normal guy can buy?

At 100 yards how do you know they're coming after you with intent to harm? How are you going to prove it afterwards? I'm not likely to get in that situation at this stage of my life. The most I've faced down was three and one of them had a knife. All I had was a single action revolver loaded full up. At about 30 yards I pointed the gun at the knife man and cocked the hammer. At that point they all turned tail and ran.

Playing by your rules, and actually answering the question, it's an easy choice.

Boomer, a Barrett .50 BMG semi. @ 100 yards, appendages come off and generate serious splatter on the remaining bad guys.
Don't need the other 2 weapons.

Funny answers :)
I like funny.

Let's say it's another countries door to door cleanout crew. Wiping out survivors. You want to make a Rambo standoff.. against the 6 of them.

Hey Green Lantern (a great superhero and show by the way),

With Boomer, and three - 10 round magazines:

1 mag with (legal) explosive rounds
1 mag with incendiary rounds
1 magazine with APIT

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't need 2 other weapons or last 2 mags. However, to complete your request for 3, I'd include:
A Winchester Model 94 to "Chuck Connors" any remaining movement
A Sig 226 as a close-in.

But at 100 yards, even with olympic sprinting speeds headed my way, and taking a conservative 3 seconds per shot, that's 6 seconds from first to third shot from a bipod & monopod, no sweat.

I'll go with the ones I have, know, and can shoot effectively.
M1 Garand, Mav88, k2p
If I were to sub 1 for something I didn't have, it would be the Mav88 and in it's place, a Mossberg 590A1

Okay, I'll play:

First, it'd have to be Vera: a Callahan full-bore auto-lock. Customized trigger, double cartridge thorough gauge.

Second, a plasma rifle in the 40-watt range.

Third, Deckard's handgun, LAPD Blaster.

If I had to pick from my own armory:

Windham AR-15 with EOTech red dot
Henry H006 in .44 mag
SIG P229 in .40 S&W

Pretty sure against 6 approaching bad guys you won't have time to switch weapons and you had better be proficient with the one you pick. For me that would be my BCM rifle. Probably aim and follow through on the first couple then it would most likely be spray and pray.

To put this into remotely realistic terms......

After an event like one of the hurricanes, you have a small group of looters coming towards you.

1st at a 100 yards, unless they have opened fire on you it's pretty much cold blooded murder no matter their intentions. Murder bad. Mmmkay.

2nd assuming they have opened up/popped some rounds off I would argue returning fire with anything accurate enough to hit or even come close enough for one or more to realize that bullets fly both ways will end said confrontation PDQ as the vast majority of people will immediately think of hundreds of chores they forgot to do and quickly leave to do them.

3rd if you have peeved a cartel who has sent a death squad after you.....well that's probably on you and your choice of weapon will not matter.

So AR/Bolt action/thutty thutty/hell I would bet a decent .22 rifle would do you fine.

But hey if you want to go all mad max buttless chaps and Mohawks then I will say AR15, heavy barrel, beta c mag and something for style points like a BFR in .45-70 scoped. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back