6.5 Creedmoor -vs- 260 lb. Boar

Zen Archery

Shot a big boar last week. Tagged a bigger new personal best at 260lbs. in Wood County on Friday night.

ZKod9cil.jpg

https://youtu.be/a77xlRV5TmA

I sorta think someday the 6.5 vs hog will be a commonly quoted scenario. I have been using a Creedmore for hogs and deer and have become quite fond of the caliber. I've shot some large hogs with that caliber and it lacks nothing. Nice boar...one like that sure puts a smile on a guys face when it hits the dirt.

I think the term "tagged" was just an expression used, not an actual act of law. I don't know where he is from, but Wood county in Texas is not far from me and I would guess that would be where he shot it. California is the only place I know of where hogs are treated as game animals. AFAIK if you shot that boar in Ca., and left it, you would face a hefty fine.

What ^ said... just a euphemism!
Hogs are open season, non-native, invasive, (not to mention destructive) species that can be hunted with "any means and method" (legally)!

So, no Kommifornia "tags" needed for these nasty buggers!

Tagged is kinda a generalized slang meaning: got, hit, scored, shot, contacted... the list goes on. The most accurate synonym to "tagged" would be "scored". For the meaning of scored, refer to "got". Not to be confused with "got-to" which would be equivalent to "fixin '" .

I'm native Texan, I can translate anything for y'all.

No tags for pigs.

slug

Hello Zen,

Can you please advise what bullet weight you shot and how it performed?

Obviously, you have a dead hog, but what range, what kind of hit, DRT, etc.

Nice looking rifle BTW and congrats on your
hog.

Back