6.5 CM

I don't think so. Theoretically it might be possible if done in multiple steps. But it certainly isn't practical even if possible. 6.5 CM brass is easily obtained and cheap enough.

It is easy to form 260 brass from 308 or 7-08. And since finding 260 brass is challenging this is often done.

You can reform .243 brass to 6.5 Creedmoor. (.243 on the left- 6.5 Creedmoor on right)

Just be sure you lube it up good then push it up into your FL sizing die it will look like this.

Trim extra brass off & clean up the burrs inside and out then your done.

Ready to clean & load.

I have done it. First anneal the neck, then lube well, then run it through your die a little at a time slowly, then turn the necks since they will be a bit thick, then trim, chamfer, and deburr. I do all this in a Redding body die and a Lee collet neck sizer. I’ve never shot any of the ones I’ve done, loaded up a few dummies and they cycled fine in both my bolt gun and gas gun. So I would imagine they would shoot fine. I don’t really need them since I have a ton of factory and starling brass, but it was just an exercise to see if I could do it in a pinch.

Back