.500 S&W optics

gregnsara

I'm looking at adding an optic to my magnum. Looking for suggestions. I haven't totally ruled out a scope, but I'd rather use a red dot. Anyone have an idea what red dot type optic might be able to hold up to the recoil? I will be mounting it on a Weigand rail.

I'm looking at adding an optic to my magnum. Looking for suggestions. I haven't totally ruled out a scope, but I'd rather use a red dot. Anyone have an idea what red dot type optic might be able to hold up to the recoil? I will be mounting it on a Weigand rail.
You'll need what's known as an RMR. Before you buy, check to be sure it can handle the .500. I have a Trijicon RMR on my 1911 Kimber .45 and its holding up fine. But, like I said, make sure before you buy.

.500 S&W optics

I have put 155 rounds of 500 Magnum through my Primary Arms advanced microdot. No change in Zero. No durability issue. I use a SS Weigand Mount. Blue Loktite.

I have a 460 XVR 8 3/8” which has an Ultradot Matchdot. It’s my favorite since the MOA can be adjusted and it has a lifetime warranty.

My Ruger 454 Casull 7.5” has an Aimpoint T1.

My Ruger SRH 44 Magnum 9.5” has a Vortex Venom on a Weigand Rail.

My S&W 629 PC 44 Magnum has a Weigand Rail with an Aimpoint H1.

No issues with recoil for any of them. I only shoot Magnum loads. No “Special” loads.

I have found scopes to be much less durable.[emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I have to ask,,,,,why don't you want a scope?

Ive been hunting with a .454 for about 6 years and love a scope (In good light)

Have taken plenty of hogs at 100 yards with it....I couldn't do that with a red dot scope.

Back