.50 Cal

Cris

I'm still in the market for a .50 cal bolt gun. I don't know if I can justify the McMillan prices, although I would love to have one. Leaning toward the ArmaLite AR50. Any suggestions of that rifle or any others.

http://homes.acmecity.com/thematrix/one/40/linx.html

about 1/2 the way down the page are my 50 cal links

now for the serious questions,
Eric the AMMOMAN has 50bmg available
>>>
We have just received USGI 50 cal. AP ammo
This is black tip armor piercing US govt. issue ammo, made in the 40's.
and we guarantee it to fit, feed and function fine.
This comes belted in boxes of 60rds.
All shipping is free and we do NOT charge any extra even if you pay by
credit cards.
No quantity discounts because we did not get alot.
$95 per case of 60rds.(total charge)
Eric the ammoman (856)778-7702 http://www.ammoman.com<<<

now if i spend the 95 bucks and buy 60 rounds...
a) how long, on average, after buying ammo for a gun i don't own
will it take to aquire a gun to shoot the ammo?
b) is there a name for this state of non gun ownership?
c) how long will it take to return to full health, after my wife finds 60 rounds of bmg?

dZ

------------------
"walk softly and carry a big stick, one that goes bang in .308 is fine"

Doc, I got the same notice from Eric the Ammoman yesterday, and started giggling maniacally when I read it. Bill-the-Coworker asked what the hell I was laughing at... :D

I briefly considered ordering a case, although I don't even *have* a .50. Yet. The Serbu BFG-50 is on my list of gottahavits, though.

------------------
"If your determination is fixed, I do not counsel you to despair. Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance."
-- Samuel Johnson

According to the congressional report on .50 BMG weapons, their investigators were able to find .50 BMG rifles for, IIRC, $20. I suggest you find out where these guys do their shopping!!! ;)

Dz,
To answer question C it takes about 2 weeks for a foot injury to heal after the wife drops a box of 60 rounds of 50cal on your instep. I think it was worth it. The ammo you are talking or any 1940 era ammo is corrosive.

Back