.50 Cal Suppressors

VUPDblue

I have been looking at maybe getting a suppressor for my .50 beowulf and need some advice. I have seen the Stormfront suppressor for the .50 BMG and it is pretty neat, my only question is: does a suppressor for the Beowulf have to be THAT beefy? Does anyone out there know of anyone who has suppressed a Beowulf? It seems to me that a suppressor which accomodates .50 cal. bullets firing in Semi-Auto Only would not need to be as substantial as the ones available for the BMG cartridge, therefore being a slight bit less expensive. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

My first thought is no, I don't see why you would. There is less powder (ie: less gas) that needs to be silences, so I would think all you need is a can that has a .50 cal hole but more along the lines of any other rifle grade silencer.

I'm no expert but thats just what my 2 yrs of physics tells me. Hope you find an actual answer.

fanoblack

I have shot a suppressed 50BMG rifle. The suppressor is huge compared to a regular rifle suppressor because of the gas volume produced by 50BMG.

For 50 Beo, you should be able to use a regular rifle style suppressor with the right size hole for .50.

I would recommend contact JET and having them build you what you need. Their cans are significantly lighter and have less POI shift than others that we have tried.

-z

Back