.50 BMG fired in anger

TXAZ

If you have ever fired a .50BMG (bolt, machine gun or semi) in anger, without providing details, approximately what distance were you firing at?

TXAZ: Point Blank Range and out to Tracer Burnout. The 50BMG`s we had on our APC`S were truly outstanding, and very easy to use. They made all the difference so many time`s I lost count.
ken

It was at night and distance was hard to gauge. Tracers lead the way. I would approximate about 800 to 1k meters.

The M-60`s we had, had a very harsh irritating staccato roar. Where as the 50 BMG`s at a distance had a restful comforting sound. A sound that to me said IMHO we have everything under control now, so you and yours can sleep much easier tonight. The 50 BMG`s were always very special to me, something that you could always put your trust in. And to tell you the truth that was something very hard to find in a hostile environment.
ken

1) At point blank during clearing fire ("recon by fire") from M113 armored personnel carrier.
2) Located behind M113 gunner firing at 100+ meters range until excess headspace caused a round to blowup and sent brass fragments into the crotch area. Actually funny when he pulled down his trousers and picked a few fragments superficially stuck in a specific part of his anatomy. This was during an ambush response.

I don't consider in military service "fired in anger". We aren't angry, just doing our job and trying to make it home. Just sayin'.

War is not anger?

Countries fighting countries certainly qualifies as "anger." It is the ultimate anger when innocents suffer at the hand of belligerents that results from the anger of those in power and control. Look it up.

Just saying.

Back