50 BMG ammo

oberkommando

Is 35 dollars too much for ea cartridge of WCC SLAP ammo? Is this new and does it have advantage over traditional ammo used for this purpose?

Some one is ripping you off as the multi purpose Raufus round is only $7.50 new and it's HE Incendiary and armor piercing. If you are going to shoot it in a rifle don't do it as it will blow the brake off! No joke the navy had to replace the brake on a bunch of rifles trying to shoot slap. I don't know what you would want to shoot AP for as the slap doesn't shoot well at all!!!

Thanks Gale

I thought it a bit steep to.
Did not buy any (at great western) but was curious I have heard the standard ap was a good round for handling the pressure of the 50 so there would be no deforming as fmj would? Seems like this slap is basiclly an enlarged 30-06 accellorator.

This could be new thread but your probably only one to reply; could you tell me if most long range users use reloaded LC brass, and what dies (for50) would you recommed for reloading. Dont have boomer yet but will try and buy one of yours after my little (.308)stuff is paid off.

Oberkommando You will find that the 50 is the most forgiving round you can name. Most reload what they can find and it doesn't seem to make any difference. We all use RCBS here and they work well but like every thing else connected to the 50 they are very expensive. I had a case of one Thousand LC ball that I used up test firing and function test till I got down to the last hundred rounds before I tried them on paper and they were the best factory ammo I ever shot. They shot about 5/8 MOA

G McMillan

Thanks for your time responding to my questions, much appreciated. I have a couple hundred lc empties got from friend for free with ammo cans, bought cans and got the brass free. I guess I will start tumbling now for future anticipation.

Last question (I Promise) Are your 50's sporter with Detach Mag built as inventory or one at a time for each request What would be approx wait? I understand you probably have different amounts on order at different times of the year I am looking for just very rough estimate.

Back