5 days til election...are your candidates for dogcatcher anti-gun?

DC

Moderator Emeritus
Here in the People's Republik of Kalifornia it has gotten astounding! No matter what the office, from dogcatcher up to governor, the recurrent Demo themes are guns and "for the kids"; literally! The Demos have distilled Republicans down to pro-gun and violence and anti-children. If guns don't relate, they can always relate children to an issue or position.

Since guns tend to be a polarizing issue, I've lately dropped any mention in political debate and discussion; and focused on the "anti-children". I point out how absurd and ludicrous such charges are. Pure emotional extortion. Give it a try.

Well... I dunno 'bout the dogcatcher, but I ain't sure 'bout this Republican running for the local congressional seat neither. On the surface she is endorsed by NRA, but has no record of pro-gun action (sound familiar?). Upon doing some scat scratching, I find that she has taken less than $200 from any one donor of the military-industrial complex, whereas her incumbent opponent has taken 50K+ as the largest single donation from any one of the same donor pool. Now I understand that incumbents normally have an edge, but seems our possible pro-gun gal has either really pissed off the local capitalistic culture or they have an inside that NRA doesn't. Since it is a capitalistic system, you gotta give weight to the money trail. The odds are obviously stacked against her. But what the hell, she's the one long shot in this race...

Seems Matt Fong is the only one here in CA that's moderately pro-gun. Now if only he'd develop a personality, maybe he'd have a shot (pardon the metaphor) at Boxer and her gun grabbing cronies.

Here in Maryland Glendening is running for re-election as Governor on a strong anti-gun campaign. Saurbrey, who is generally pro-gun, has been quiet on the issue as to make it a non-issue. NRA has come out for Saurbrey. MAHA (Marylanders Against Handgun Abuse) for Glendening. Race is pretty close. One can only vote & hope.

Many years ago, I was advised never vote for the same politician twice. They stole enough money the first time.

That said, it appears that Rep. candidate Matt Fong is going down the tubes real fast and Barbie Boxer Shorts is leading by 14 points. Tuesday may well be the voter's approval of continuing the malfeasance of one Senator. Apparently, Californians never learn and will probably contributing towards the demise of this Nation's greatness.

Ah, de haretico comburendo.

Just saw a clip of a democratic add against Tom Fitzgerald. It shows people holding and charging weapons and (in a scary voice) talks about he Fitzgerald voted to let people CARRY GUNS wherver they WANTED TO! PLAYGROUNDS, the MALL, in YOUR town. and then went on to say that the Governor said that LEO's were "scared to death" of his plan...

good grief...

Rob...
that must be a DNC national ad with voice overs for the particular race. I saw the same ad but mine has Boxer vs. Fong.

all of you who haven't seen this check out Headline News near the end of the half hour this morning, they have been running the piece since midnight.....

Back