5 day Waiting period for Suicide Vests

How about that last big one. They put the vests on two mentally retarded females and triggered them remotely.
They have managed to make the Nazis look principled in comparison.

Shows the difference in how people think ...

The anti's at gunguys.com consider this a total mockery of pro-gun people:

gunguys.com drivel

Leave it to the satirical and humorous Onion news network to shed light on the gun lobby's ridiculous talking points over gun control, this time in the guise of debating waiting periods over suicide vests.

With such sad and tragic news every day over the appalling levels of gun violence in America, sometimes it good to laugh a little at the surreal and ridiculous "gun culture" we live in.

What's perhaps the saddest part of this video, is that most gun proponents won't even see it as satire, and likely watch it and nod their heads in agreement.

If you really do feel as though privately owned firearms are equal to suicide vests, than this is a powerful anti-gun video. And from the picture the anti's try to paint (40 more times to be shot by a gun in the home than shoot an intruder, etc.) they are trying to make that claim.

If you feel as though it's ridiculous that the anti-'s keep trying to equate guns with insane items like suicide vests, then it's a great pro-gun parody.

But what thinking person equates a single person, targeted weapon that has been owned by American citizens since this country was founded hundreds of years ago, and been used countless times in defense of country, home and family ... with an indiscriminate suicide bomb?

Sadly ... people in this country do.

Whatever the political impact ... the original video is funny as all heck. Really gave me a laugh.

I immediately recognized it as a spoof and posted this on another forum. Needless to say, a lot of people didn't think it was funny because that's exactly how they saw it, the same thing as attacking pro gun rights.

I found it amusing out of the absurdity of it, there is absolutely no comparison between a firearm and a suicide vest.

That video is a great example of what I've said in the past. People have become so involved in the debate that the seem to have forgotten what they are debating (can't see the forest through the trees).

Laws and restrictions on "suicide vests" would only affect people who obey laws (manifestly NOT suicide bombers) and how -would- one punish a suicide bomber after the fact?

Speaking of "after the fact"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uwOL4rB-go

Back