$490 for Used SW 625 in 45 ACP?

Drakejake

At the gun show today I saw a stainless Smith 625 described as a demonstrator gun, one used by salesmen to demonstrate the gun to dealers, I suppose. Regardless of the true history of this revolver with a five inch barrel, the condition is excellent, like new. Does $490 seem like a good price for this revolver?

Thanks,

Drakejake

Especially if...

...it's a 625-4 (firing pin on hammer), it's a pretty good deal compared to prices I see around here. The flat-nose hammer ones tend to trade for somewhat lower prices, but $500 is still an average price even for a newer one around here. (practical/combat shooting wheelgunners love these things, especially the ones with the hammer-mounted firing pin, since the double-action pull can be made lighter on them)

Yeah, sounds a little high to me, too...around $400-450 is what I'd expect to see a "used, excellent condition" full-lug 625 go for around here...FWIW....mikey357

I paid $425 for a 625-3 with the firing pin on the hammer this summer but I've seen them go on the auction sites for over $500.

There has been one sitting in the gunshop I go to for about 2 months comes with all kinds of extras and looks like new. It is priced at 399.95.

Back