.460 Rowland question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Futo Inu

In my laster GA Arms catalog, there is an advertisement for a .460 Rowland conversion for 1911 pistols for about $280.00. The ad then says that you can still shoot .45acp and .45 Super loads with the conversion. How is this possible, as all of these cartridges headspace on the case mouth - I think, and the .460 is a longer case? (i.e. wouldn't the .45acp/super cartridges "float" in the chamber and/or not fire due to light primer strikes. Wouldn't this condition be quite dangerous?).

[This message has been edited by Futo Inu (edited August 18, 1999).]

Back to top. Someone has got to know the answer to this - Rob, you know a lot about the .460 Rowland, don't you?

If it is the same kit that I got (from Clark Custom), my impression was that you could still shoot .45acp and .45 super from THE WEAPON, ie- put the old barrel and spring back in and you still have your trusty ol' .45acp.

I was not advised of an ability to fire standard .45 out of my conversion (same price, included springs & 2 champer integral comp). Honestly, I can't see how a standard .45acp would be reliable with the spring they give you for .460 Rowland.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back