45acp wheel gun

bfj2

i am looking 4 a 45acp wheel gun. what are some of the good ones? S&W makes a good one but it is hard 2 find a good used one.

Smith & Wesson makes an excellent one. I have a 5" M625, very accurate (my most accurate handgun), but why would you want a used one? Ruger makes a .45 convertible (LC & ACP) Blackhawk that is fun also. A friend has a 3" M625, but accuracy wise it does not complare to my 5" version. Save up and get an M625, you will not regret it. Ron

Ron? You don't suppose that just maybe he's honoring the boycott because he cares more about keeping our rights than having a shiny new gun?

I recently picked up a used 625 5" for $350 out the door. It looks brand new, and it came with the original box and warranty card. I highly recommend buying one, especially if you like to shoot 1911s. The only problem with ownng one is you will want to buy more 45acp revolvers.

If you are looking for a good 45acp wheelgun maybe ou should look at the Ruger single action they have given me great service. :D

Even if I weren't boycotting the purchase of new *&*'s, the 625 is one gun that benefits from the more "tune-able" nature of the old hammer-mounted firing pin system.

Picked up a Webley Mk VI at a Gun Show for $200.00. I would post it in the "Ugly Gun" post but I have too much respect for it. It is an ugly gun though.

Depending on which action style you want, you can't go wrong with the 625 or a Blackhawk convertable.

Zane

I have a 5" 625 that I bought used at a Houston show for $325. Keep your eyes open, used ones are out there. As much as I like the 625, it feels great in the hand with the round butt and good balance, it cannot compare to the beauty and quality of my 6.5" P&R 25-2.

You didn't specify single or double action....

so let me cast another "vote" for the Ruger Convertible. It comes with two, interchangeable cylinders. One is for 45 acp and the outer for 45 LC. In my experience both perform quite well and the single action Rugers are outstanding! Good shooting!

Several years ago, I picked up one of the ex-Brazilian Army Model 1917 S&W's chambered for the .45ACP. It wouldn't win any beauty contests, but it's probably more accurate than I am & it always goes 'bang' when I pull the trigger.

my shop WSI in Bellevue WA at 425-649-8623 has a nice used 625 in for about $449.

I just missed it and bought NIB for $519.

Yesterday I sent a letter to Ruger asking why they don't make the GP100 or SP101 in .45acp. If I get a reply I'll post it.

Back