.45acp mfg by "Dairt"?

00_Green

Inactive
Gents, a friend came accross some .45acp manufactured by Dairt for a Richardson & Reising sub machine gun.
I'm guessing this information was printed on the boxes.

He would like to use it in a 1911 but has been unable to find any information the ammo.

His concern is that it may be a hotter than normal load as it was produced for a smg.

Any comments or information would be greatly apreciated.

I did find some information here.

http://www.machinegunboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9688

My guess is he should consider selling it to a collector rather than shoot it.

Last edited:
I don't usually say this, but yes, that is very collectible, especially with a nice condition full box. Do not shoot it and protect the box, condition is everything.

Also, the U.S. did not make different loads for different, but same caliber, guns. A 45 ACP is a 45 ACP

Why even consider shooting it? They still make 45 ACP for pete's sake. I've shot military ammo (M2 ball made at Lake City) from 1942 that has resulted in split cases while firing. Not real fun. Yes, the rounds were sealed in a spam can since '42, and it was opened a few weeks before firing. I don't trust ammo that old

Ask your friend to go to the usmilitaria.com website, register, and post photos of his find in the 'firearms and accessories' section. I am sure the members there would love to see his find

Back